- Urgent Care
- Band 7
- 37.5 HRS Per Week
- Edgware Community Hospital - WiC
- £36,224 to £46,315 PA inc. HCAS
- 27/09/2017 23:59
Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust works across nine London boroughs and Hertfordshire. We are rated Good by the Care Quality Commission and are ranked among top NHS employers. Community healthcare is our focus and our passion. We champion the role of community health professionals to make sure our patients get great care closer to home.
We have exciting opportunities for Band 7 Nurse Practitioners to join our supportive nurse led teams at Edgware Walk in Centre. As a highly valued member of our team, the quality of care we provide, starts with you.
What do you need to join our team?
• A minor injury and illness nurse practitioner with the experience, knowledge base, and decision making skills required, to work autonomously.
• Current NMC registration with either a Nurse Practitioner BSc/MSc (or working towards) or accredited minor injuries and minor illness qualifications are essential for this post.
• Experience of working as an autonomous practitioner in a community and/or emergency setting. Skills in Xray interpretation, fracture management and wound closure would be highly desirable.
• An independent Nurse Prescriber Qualification would be advantageous.
• Both Centres cultivate a strong ethos of learning and development, therefore candidates without all the required qualifications, who demonstrate a willingness to work towards them, will be considered
If you have these skills, why join CLCH?
• CLCH Walk in Centres were rated as good in our last CQC inspection and focus on giving a high quality service to patients. Both sites have X-ray facilities enabling a wide range of clinical experience.
• Working with a team of nurses and doctors, our urgent care services offer an educationally focused environment which will allow you to professionally grow and develop a repertoire of clinical skills and theoretical knowledge, through work based education and training.
• The opportunity to develop skills, such as mentoring our trainee nurse practitioners and to have the support and supervision of senior clinicians in the service.
• A clear career structure with opportunity to progress to senior 8a clinical nurse consultant roles in both departments.
• A range of employee benefits including child care vouchers. There is free parking available at both sites and tube stations are located nearby each centre. Flexible working and part time positions with a minimum of 22 hours a week may be considered.
If you are interested in applying for a post but have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us we also encourage you to visit the team and see for yourself. We would be happy to answer any questions that you might have regarding our service.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
T: 0208732 6687
Kevin Glancy - Advanced Nurse Practitioner Edgware Walk in Centre
T: 0208732 6632
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0330 024 0330 - Option 1